Submit your photos from the Festival of the Cranes VLA Nighttime Photography Workshop for a chance to win one of three gift certificates from Hunt’s Photography and Video.
Rules & Information:
- All participants in the VLA Nighttime events are eligible to participate in the “VLA Nighttime Photo Contest.”
- A maximum of 3 images may be submitted.
- 1st prize $75 Hunt’s gift certificate; 2nd prize $50 Hunt’s gift certificate; 3rd prize Hunt’s gift certificate.
- Eligible images are those taken in the 2019 VLA Nighttime Photography events on 21, 22 & 23rd Nov 2019 taken by the photographer enrolled in the event.
- Photo Naming Requirements: First name initial and full last name of photographer, last four numbers of phone number, VLA identifier, and serial number beginning with 01. Example: Michael Hanauer and phone number of 575-837-4048 = first entry MHanauer2048VLA01; second entry MHanauer2048VLA02.
- Modifying Images: You may modify your images for this contest, including color/B&W, balance, saturation, brightness, cropping, contrast, etc. HDR (high dynamic range) is allowed.
- Image size for contest is no greater than 3 Mb and winners will be asked to submit high resolution JPGs or TIFs in sRGB color space later.
- Deadline for submissions is Thursday, 30 Jan 2020. Winners will be announced on the Festival of the Cranes facebook page and posted on the friendsofthebosque.org website by February 23th, 2020.
- Information needed via upload here:
Primary & Secondary phone numbers
Terms and Conditions: Images will be accepted only from the original photographer. You must be the sole author and the owner of the copyright for all images you enter. Images must have sufficient permission of any recognizable persons appearing in the image to be able to grant rights to display the image submission online or in printed materials. Photographers retain ownership of all copyrights. However, by submitting an image for entry in this contest, you automatically give the Friends of Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge, Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge, NRAO Very Large Array (VLA) and Roman Kurywczak rights to use your photo with artist credit displayed in any future promotional materials, permission and rights to store, display, and use the image, its thumbnails, and your name as the photographer indefinitely in any non-commercial media without notification or compensation. You must obey all gate, fence, and other restrictions as well as all traffic signs on the National Radio Astronomy Observatory Very Large Array.
Release: By participating, entrants release the Friends of Bosque del Apache, Bosque del Apache NWR, the City of Socorro and the Contest partners and sponsors, their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and their agents, respective officers, directors, employees, Friends of Bosque del Apache Volunteers, agents from any and all liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in the Contest or any prize awarded.
Acceptance: By submission of the image via email to the Contest, you agree and accept the Contest Terms and Conditions, the General clause, and Release clause. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules and Procedures, the Terms and Conditions on use of images, and the decisions of the sponsors and judges, which are final and binding on all matters. This Contest is void where prohibited and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.